The Convenience of AAA Travelers Checks
As part of your AAA membership, travelers checks and dual-signature checks can be purchased without a fee at your local AAA club office. The dual-signature checks allow two parties to sign the checks so either one can use them.
Travelers checks allow you to travel overseas and carry as much money as you need to cover expenses on your trip. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that should they go missing or get stolen, you can receive replacement checks, so you won’t lose any money … or any time enjoying your trip.
Tips for Using Travelers Checks?
- When you receive your checks, sign them on the top line as directed and put them in a safe place, separate from the receipts
- The receipts should be kept separately so that if the checks are lost or stolen, you have a record of their purchase, and they can be replaced immediately
- When you decide to make a purchase, make sure the merchant accepts travelers checks
- Keep in mind when you purchase traveler checks that denominations under $100 are easier for merchants to deal with
- Before you begin filling the check out, wait until you receive the total purchase amount
- Sign the check as the clerk watches, and if requested, present your identification
In most businesses around the world, travelers checks are considered the same as cash, making them a convenient, practical way to protect you from loss, theft, and headaches.
Learn more about travelers checks at your regional at AAA website. To get additional information, submit your ZIP code in the box below and click “GO”. International Affiliate Members, click here to access the site.
For answers to zipcode entry problems, click here. Please direct any questions or comments concerning this site to AAA. For all other inquiries, please enter your zipcode above to access your club site.