DescriptionThis turn-of-the-20th-century railroad town originally was developed as a resort for Richmond residents. Later, the growing village assumed the name of a Kentucky estate belonging to Henry Clay, a statesman born nearby. When the railroad company gave land to the Methodist Church in 1866, the church moved its Randolph-Macon College to Ashland.
The town has various Victorian houses. Self-guiding walking tours that include outdoor exhibits and historic markers are offered by the Ashland Museum at 105 Hanover Ave.; phone (804) 368-7314 for more information.
Visitor InfoAshland/Hanover Visitor Center 112 N. Railroad Ave. ASHLAND, VA 23005. Phone:(804)752-6766 or (800)897-1479
Things to SeeKings Dominion