DescriptionOriginally named Has-Hu-Tin (a Native American word meaning “eel”), Asotin was renamed by an act of the state legislature in 1886. The town is at the southern end of the Clearwater and Snake River National Recreation Trail, a 19-mile paved route that follows the river shoreline north through the Clarkston-Lewiston area. Chief Looking Glass Park, 305 1st St., features the 1899 Full Gospel Church with an original white oak pump organ. The Snake River Road continues south 21 miles to the mouth of the Grande Ronde River, at the northern entrance to Hells Canyon.
Things to SeeAsotin County Museum