DescriptionIn 1819 Judge Amasa Bagley cleared land for a tavern and a farm on what was to become known as Bagley's Corner. It remained an agricultural center until about 1900 when city dwellers from Detroit began to buy acreage for estates. In 1932 the name was changed to Bloomfield Hills.
Among the wealthy who were attracted to this quiet community during the first decade of the 20th century were the publisher of The Detroit News, George G. Booth, and his wife, Ellen Scripps Booth. Their estate, Cranbrook, has become a notable cultural and educational center.
Things to SeeCranbrook Educational Community