DescriptionEstablished on the south bluffs of the Wabash River in the 1830s, Bluffton was later nicknamed the Parlor City for its wide, tree-lined paved streets. Information about area history can be found at the Wells County Historical Museum, a restored 1882 Victorian mansion at 420 W. Market St.; phone (260) 824-9956.
The Deam Oak , 4 miles northwest on SR 116 to CR 250N, is a rare hybrid tree, a natural cross between the white and chinquapin oak. Marking the center of a small tract of state-owned land, it is a memorial to Charlie Deam, research forester, noted botanist and author. The tree is the first known of its kind, and its acorns have been distributed to many gardens in the United States.
The River Greenway Trail, a scenic riverside walking and bicycling path, links Bluffton with Ouabache State Park, 4 miles east on SR 201. Park activities include fishing, camping and swimming.
Visitor InfoWells County Chamber of Commerce 211 W. Water St. BLUFFTON, IN 46714. Phone:(260)824-0510