DescriptionThough the Cairo (KAY-ro) area was supposedly visited by Hernando de Soto in 1540, it was not settled until pioneers from North Carolina founded the Tired Creek Primitive Baptist Church in 1826. By 1870 the local Atlantic & Gulf Railroad station had grown large enough to support a town, and Cairo was born.
Visitor InfoCairo-Grady County Chamber of Commerce 961 N. Broad St. CAIRO, GA 39828. Phone:(229)377-3663
Things to SeeRoddenbery Memorial Library