DescriptionPlatted in 1815 by Peter Bohart, the town was originally known as Centreville due to its location midway on the main agricultural route from Lisbon to New Philadelphia. In 1833 its name was changed to honor Charles Carroll of Maryland, the last living signer of the Declaration of Independence, who at the time was 97.
The town's Public Square is home to three restored structures: the 1829 Van Horn Building, the 1835 McCook House and the 1882 Carroll County Courthouse.
Visitor InfoCarroll County Convention and Visitors Bureau: 61 N. Lisbon St. CARROLLTON, OH 44615. Phone:(330)627-0103 or (877)727-0103
ShoppingThe Carrollton Farmers Market is held at 1305 Canton Rd. N.W. Sat. 8-noon, early May to mid-Nov.
Things to SeeMcCook House and Civil War Museum