DescriptionChehalis was established in 1873 when the Lewis County seat was moved from Claquato. First named Saundersville, the town's name was changed in 1879. The historic neighborhood along Pennsylvania Avenue features a variety of architectural styles. Claquato Church, on Stern Road, is one of the oldest churches in the state. The 1858 structure functioned for a time as Claquato Academy; the bronze bell in the belfry was cast in Boston in 1857 and shipped around Cape Horn.
Visitor InfoCentralia-Chehalis Chamber of Commerce 500 N.W. Chamber of Commerce Way CHEHALIS, WA 98532. Phone:(360)748-8885 or (800)525-3323
Things to SeeChehalis-Centralia Railroad & Museum