DescriptionFort Colvile, built at Kettle Falls in 1825, served as the chief center of trade in the northwest for the Hudson's Bay Co. The company moved to Canada in 1853 and a military post was built just northeast of the present town site. However, in 1882 the fort was abandoned and the town of Colville—with a second “l” added—soon was established in its place. Fort Colvile Monument on SR 20 commemorates the military post.
Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge, 13 mi. e. on Bear Creek Rd., has a string of lakes offering recreational facilities including fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, biking and cross-country skiing. For information phone (509) 684-8384.
Visitor InfoColville Chamber of Commerce 986 S. Main St. Suite B COLVILLE, WA 99114. Phone:(509)684-5973
Things to SeeKeller Heritage Center (Fort Colville Museum)