DescriptionClay and limestone from this area were deemed to be of high enough quality to induce two companies to open cement plants here in the 1890s. To demonstrate the durability of their product, most of the central business district was rebuilt with concrete following a 1921 fire. A 1916 bridge was erected using reinforced concrete, despite an engineer's recommendation; the Thompson Bridge still stands at the east end of town. Local production of concrete ceased in 1968.
Visitor InfoConcrete Chamber of Commerce 45770 Main St. CONCRETE, WA 98237. Phone:(360)853-8784
Things to SeePuget Sound Energy Plant and Visitors Center