DescriptionNamed in 1797 after Prince George, Duke of Cornwall, Cornwall is the headquarters of the St. Lawrence Seaway Authority. One of the city's cotton mills was among the first factories to be equipped with electric lighting by Thomas Edison. The Seaway International Bridge links Canada, at Cornwall, to the United States.
A dozen outdoor heritage murals in the downtown and Le Village Shopping Districts have been painted by artists from throughout North America. A map showing the location of each mural and its historical significance is available at the Cornwall & Seaway Valley Tourism office on Water Street W.
InfoOfficeCornwall and Area Chamber of Commerce 113 Second St. E., Suite 100 CORNWALL, ON K6J 1Y5. Phone:(613)933-4004
Self-guiding toursA map describing a recreational path for bicycling and walking along the scenic St. Lawrence River is available from Cornwall & The Counties Tourism, 691 Brookdale Ave., Cornwall, ON, Canada K6J 5C6; phone (613) 938-4748 or (800) 937-4748.
Attraction PlaceHoldersNNATC Cultural Education Centre