DescriptionEstablished in 1808, Cortland was named for Gen. Pierre Van Cortlandt, New York's first lieutenant governor. The 1890 House Museum, 37 Tompkins St., is a Victorian mansion with period furnishings, cherry and oak woodwork, elaborate wall stenciling and stained glass; phone (607) 756-7551 for tour information.
Visitor InfoCortland County Convention and Visitors Bureau 37 Church St. CORTLAND, NY 13045. Phone:(607)753-8463 or (800)859-2227
Things to SeeLime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture