DescriptionEstablished in 1918, Camp Knox was named in honor of Revolutionary War General Henry T. Knox, who served as Chief of Artillery for the Continental Army and later was the nation's first Secretary of War. The installation's name was changed to Fort Knox in 1932. The fort has been home to the U.S. Army Armor School and Center since the inception of the Armored Forces in 1940.
Note: All visitors over age 18 must provide photo identification in order to gain admittance to Fort Knox. Valid registration and a driver's license are required of vehicles entering the premises.
Things to SeePatton Museum