DescriptionGreenville was the site of Fort Greenville, built in 1793 by Gen. Anthony Wayne and named for Gen. Nathanael Greene. After his victory at Fallen Timbers, Wayne signed a treaty at the fort with several tribes, which opened up the Northwest Territory for settlement. The fort was later burned and abandoned, but the site is marked by the Fort Greenville Treaty Memorial in front of the City Building. The Greenville Treaty scene is etched on a stone at the corner of Elm and West Main streets.
Visitor InfoDarke County Visitors Bureau 421 S. Broadway GREENVILLE, OH 45331. Phone:(937)548-5158 or (800)504-2995
Things to SeeBear's Mill