DescriptionThe parish of Hampton was established in Kings County in 1795 by Loyalist settlers. By the early 19th century the village on the Kennebecasis River had become a shipbuilding center. The Kings County Courthouse was built on the town square in 1870, and the county jail was moved, block by block, from the former county seat of Kingston. It's believed that the first telephone in New Brunswick was installed at Hampton.
Hampton Marsh is one of the most fertile wetland systems in the province. The marshlands, covering 2,000 hectares (4,900 acres), are home to waterfowl, eagles, cranes, beavers, otters and moose.
Visitor InfoHampton Visitor Information Centre 657 Main St. HAMPTON, NB E5N 6C6. Phone:(506)832-6111
Things to SeeKings County Museum