DescriptionNamed after Henry Hudson, who landed at this site in 1609, Hudson was chartered in 1785 and missed being the state capital by just one vote. This once booming whaling port and port of entry has one of the country's largest assortments of 19th-century architecture.
The 1811 Robert Jenkins House and Museum, 113 Warren St., contains Hudson River School paintings, local artifacts, whaling lore and a genealogical library; phone (518) 784-9221. Several antique shops line Warren Street in the business district. Promenade Hill overlooks the Hudson River and the Catskills.
Visitor InfoColumbia County Tourism Department 401 State St. HUDSON, NY 12534. Phone:(518)828-3375 or (800)724-1846
Things to SeeFASNY Museum of Firefighting