DescriptionIn the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Intercourse was founded in 1754. First called Cross Keys after a local tavern, the town was renamed in 1814. Its name is believed to have evolved from either the entrance to the old racecourse (the Entercourse) just outside of town or from the joining, or intercourse, of the Old Kings Highway and the Wilmington-Erie Road.
ShoppingAmish and Mennonite crafts, including such items as quilts, toys and tablecloths, can be found at the Old Country Store on Old Philadelphia Pike. Across the street Kitchen Kettle Village contains more than 40 stores offering Amish and other handmade items as well as antiques, food and furniture.