DescriptionJackson's downtown and vintage Victorian homes are reminders of its gold rush heritage; it was founded in 1848. North of town are several mine headframes; one shaft is approximately 6,000 feet deep. Kennedy Gold Mine Tours allows visitors to view buildings and other structures associated with a mining site that closed in 1942. The tours are offered on weekends and holidays from March through October; for additional information phone (209) 223-9542.
Visitor InfoAmador County Chamber of Commerce 115 Main St. JACKSON, CA 95642. Phone:(209)223-0350