DescriptionNestled on Appletree Cove, Kingston was one of the first ports on Puget Sound. The 1841 Wilkes expedition named this small bay for the prevalence of wild apple trees along the shore. The village took its name from William P. Kingston, who started a lumber operation here in 1888.
The town became an important port for the Mosquito Fleet, a network of small boats that crisscrossed the sound. Today Kingston is primarily a bedroom community for ferry commuters who work in Snohomish and King counties. Washington State Ferries provides frequent car ferry service across the sound to Edmonds; phone (206) 464-6400, or (888) 808-7977 in Wash.
Visitor InfoGreater Kingston Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Information Center 25923 Washington Blvd. Suite 100 KINGSTON, WA 98346. Phone:(360)297-3813