DescriptionDedicated in 1756 as a Moravian community, Lititz was named for the place in Bohemia where the Moravian Church was founded in 1456. Until 1855 the entire community was owned by the church. Linden Hall, one of the oldest girls' residence schools in the United States, was founded by Moravians in 1746. Originally a day school, it began boarding students in 1794. The Lititz Moravian Archives Museum, at Church Square and Main Street, provides guided tours of the church buildings by appointment May to October; phone (717) 626-8515.
Lititz Springs Park , on SR 501 just north of jct. SR 772, is illuminated by thousands of candles on July 4. The celebration dates from the early days of the town's settlement.
Self-guiding toursA brochure outlining a walking tour of historic buildings and houses on E. Main Street is available from the Lititz Historical Foundation at the Johannes Mueller House, 137 E. Main St.
Things to SeeGrave of Gen. John A. Sutter