DescriptionJ.F.W. DesBarres received the land grant to Minudie in 1764. The DesBarres estate, which included a grindstone quarry, was later purchased by Amos Seaman, wealthy owner of a shipping and trading company. For his shrewd development of the quarry, Seaman became known as the “grindstone king.” His grand mansion fell into ruin after his death, but the 1863 Universalist Church he commissioned is still in use.
Things to SeeAmos Seaman School Museum