DescriptionThe area was originally part of a 5,000-acre tract of land owned as a feudal estate by the William Penn family. In 1740 evangelist George Whitefield purchased the land. He employed Peter Boehler and a small band of Moravians, a group of Protestants from Germany, to oversee the construction of what is now called the Whitefield House, at 214 E. Center St. The house now contains the Moravian Historical Society's Museum and Research Library ; phone (610) 759-5070. The following year the Moravians bought the property and Nazareth remained exclusively a Moravian settlement for more than a century. Nazareth Hall, built in 1755, was a boys' military academy 1759-1929.
Visitor InfoNazareth-Bath Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center 201 N. Main St. NAZARETH, PA 18064. Phone:(610)759-9188
Things to SeeMartin Guitar Co.