DescriptionSchoharie, one of the oldest villages in upstate New York, was called Brunnen Dorf when it was settled in 1712. Many of the town's original buildings remain, including the 1770 George Mann House, the 1772 Swartz Tavern, the 1795 Lasell Hall and the Old Stone Fort. One of the oldest buildings in Schoharie County, the restored 1743 Palatine House off Spring Street, is known as the Old Lutheran Parsonage; the house serves as a museum; phone (518) 813-3547.
The old Middleburgh-Schoharie Railroad Complex on Depot Lane has been restored and is a historic cultural center open weekends from Memorial Day weekend to Columbus Day. It has original buildings and an 1891 passenger/baggage train car that houses a small museum; phone (518) 295-7505.
Visitor InfoSchoharie County Chamber of Commerce 143 Caverns Rd. HOWES CAVE, NY 12092. Phone:(518)296-8820
Things to SeeOld Stone Fort Museum Complex