DescriptionSix Benedictine sisters arrived in the backwoods country around St. Joseph in 1857, a year before Minnesota became a state. They opened St. Benedict's Academy, and in 1913 founded the College of Saint Benedict, a Catholic liberal arts school for women. It shares a common curriculum and academic calendar with the men's school at St. John's University in neighboring Collegeville. Each school maintains its own campus, residence halls and athletics programs and issues its own diplomas.
Attraction PlaceHoldersSt. Benedict's Monastery