DescriptionSt-Lin-Laurentides, originally called the Parish of St-Lin, was founded in 1828. Twenty-seven years later the village elected as its first mayor Carolus Laurier, father of Sir Wilfrid Laurier, Canada's prime minister 1896-1911. In 1883 the village of St-Lin was incorporated, and the name was changed to Ville des Laurentides. Near the Achigan River, it is in a tobacco farming and dairying region. At the heart of the village stands a magnificent Byzantine-style church, many historic ancestral houses and a national historic site.
Things to SeeSir Wilfrid Laurier National Historic Site