DescriptionNorwegian immigrants established a permanent settlement here in the 1870s. Initially a logging town, Stanwood became a farm trading center after the adjacent floodplain was drained and diked. A narrow-gauge railroad less than a mile in length, which linked the original town center with the community of East Stanwood, was known as “the world's shortest railroad” until it ceased operations in 1938.
Visitor InfoStanwood Chamber of Commerce 10101 270th St. N.W. Suite 220 STANWOOD, WA 98292. Phone:(360)629-0562
Things to SeeD.O. Pearson House & the Stanwood Area History Museum