DescriptionStorrs is the home of the University of Connecticut. Founded in 1881 as Storrs Agricultural College, it became the University of Connecticut in 1939. Scattered among the traditional turn-of-the-20th-century buildings are contemporary and modern structures that reflect the university's growth.
Maps and campus information are available at the Lodewick Visitors Center, 115 N. Eagleville Rd.; phone (860) 486-4900. Visitor parking is available in the north and south garages; phone (860) 486-4930 for hours and pricing information. On campus are several greenhouses, animal barns and a dairy bar featuring the university's homemade ice cream.
Notable buildings include the Atrium Gallery in the Fine Arts Building, phone (860) 486-1511, and the Homer D. Babbidge Library, phone (860) 486-4637. The Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts plays host to professional touring companies such as dance, theater and music as well as festivals and internationally known soloists and symphony orchestras; for performance and ticket information phone (860) 486-4226.
Things to SeeBallard Institute & Museum of Puppetry