DescriptionSettled in 1737, Torrington once was called Wolcottville for the woolen mill established on the Naugatuck River by Frederick and Guy Wolcott in 1813. After Israel Coe began making brass kettles in 1835, the town became an international producer and exporter of brass products. Brass manufacture was supplemented by the production of needles, ball bearings, machinery and roller skates. The town is still one of the state's largest commercial centers.
Things to SeeThe Hotchkiss-Fyler House