Williamson is the business center for the vast coalfields of the Tug Valley area in West Virginia and Kentucky. Symbolic of coal's importance to the region is the Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce Building at Second Avenue and Court Street. Known as the Coal House, it was built in 1933 from 65 tons of locally mined coal.
Tug Valley Chamber of Commerce 73 E. Second Ave. WILLIAMSON, WV 25661. Phone:(304)235-5240