Fendall Hall is 1 mi. w. off US 431 at 917 W. Barbour St. Built around 1860, the Italianate-style Fendall Hall was home to five generations of the Young family. Now a house museum, the structure has been restored to depict the second generation's residency (1880-1917).
Highlights include hand-painted murals in three of the first-floor rooms, a black and white marble entrance floor and Italian marble fireplaces. The house is furnished with period pieces, including some family items; the primary furnishing styles are Empire and Eastlake.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.