AAA Editor Notes
Site of Historic Fort Condé, 150 S. Royal St. at jct. Church St., is a re-created fort that is a four-fifths-scale model of its 1702 appearance. It once was occupied successively by French, English and Spanish troops. A museum displays artifacts recovered from on-site archeological excavations. Exhibit rooms contain equipment once necessary for the fort's operation. Fort Condé also is the official welcome center for the city of Mobile.
Guided tours are available.