AAA Editor Notes
First White House of the Confederacy, at 644 Washington Ave. across from the south side of the capitol, was the home of Jefferson Davis and his family when Montgomery was the Confederate capital. Designed in the Italianate style, the two-story wooden house, built 1832-35, was moved 10 blocks to its present site in the early 20th century.
Period furnishings, war relics and some of Davis' personal property are displayed. The restored house features reception halls, double parlors and a library.