Last Chance Mining Museum is just n. on Franklin St., just e. on 6th St., then 2 mi. n.e. following signs to 1001 Basin Rd. The museum is housed in a wood building used during the area's gold mining heydays 1912-1944. Collections feature one of the world's largest air compressors circa 1912, industrial tools, a 3-D map of the ore body and rail cars used to carry workers to the mine and deliver ore to the mill.
Note: The parking lot and walkways are made of gravel; comfortable walking shoes are recommended.