AAA Editor Notes
The Russian Bishop's House, 501 Lincoln St. across from Crescent Harbor, is a two-story log structure completed in 1842. It is one of the last surviving colonial Russian buildings in North America. Restored to its 1853 appearance, the building reflects the influence of the Russian Orthodox Church and the traders of the Russian-American Co., who made Sitka the economic center of colonial Russian America.
Guided tours are available.