AAA Editor Notes
Cochrane Ranche Historic Site is near jct. hwys. 1A and 22. This 60-hectare (150-acre) site is where Sen. Matthew Henry Cochrane began his large-scale cattle operation in 1881. Walking trails, self-guiding tours and interpretive programs are available. Cultural and historical demonstrations are offered on Saturday mornings during the farmers market. The “Men of Vision” bronze statue overlooks the grounds.
Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.