AAA Editor Notes
Historic Dunvegan Provincial Park is on Queen Elizabeth Hwy. 2 on the n. side of the Peace River beside Dunvegan Suspension Bridge. The park was a fur-trading post and the site of one of the first Roman Catholic missions in Alberta. Four original buildings remain: the 1877-78 Factor's House, part of the Hudson's Bay Co.'s fort, along with the 1885 church of St. Charles Mission with its 1889 rectory and an early 1900s Revillon Frères trading post.
Historical interpreters lead guided walks and educational programs explain the site's history. A visitor center offers a small gallery and a theater featuring a short film about the history of Dunvegan.
Guided tours are available. Pets on leash are allowed. Camping is permitted. Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 1 hour, 30 minutes minimum.