Blackfoot Crossing Historical Park is 11 km (7 mi.) e. on Hwy. 1, then 9.7 km (6 mi.) s. on Hwy. 842. Used by the Siksika (Blackfoot) First Nation as a wintering grounds, Blackfoot Crossing was the site of the signing of Treaty No. 7 by representatives of the Blackfoot Confederacy and the Canadian and British governments in 1877. An on-site cultural center offers several galleries describing the culture and history of the Siksika people, along with an introductory video in the Vision Quest Theatre.
Housed in a striking, eco-friendly edifice are exhibits about hunting, early life, societies, storytelling and warriors. The collection features such artifacts as tools, weapons, clothing and utensils as well as multimedia displays. The building's architectural features also document First Nations heritage, with tepee-shaped skylights and stained glass eagle feather fans incorporated into the structure's design.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Food is available.