Victoria Settlement Provincial Historic Site is 10 km (6 mi.) s. on Hwy. 855 and 6 km (3.6 mi.) e. on Victoria Tr. to 58161 Range Rd. 171A. Settlement began in 1862 as a Methodist mission. A Hudson's Bay Co. fur-trading post soon followed, and by the beginning of the 20th century the village was known as Pakan. Guided tours are offered of the 1906 Methodist Church and the 1864 Clerk's Quarters, which is furnished with pioneer articles. A video presentation describes local history.