Fort James

Fort Rd.
St. John's, 99 - Map It

AAA Editor Notes

Fort James is at the northern entrance to St. John's harbor. Built in 1739 to guard the port, Fort James is one of the many installations built by the British in the 18th century. Fear of French invasion prompted its construction. A powder magazine, several cannons and the foundation of the fort's walls remain.
Free.
Hours: Daily 24 hours.