St. John's Anglican Cathedral

Church Lane and Newgate Street
St. John's, 99 - Map It
(268) 462-0820

AAA Editor Notes

St. John's Anglican Cathedral is at the intersection of Newgate St. and Church Ln. The Church of St. John the Divine was originally built in 1683 and redone in stone in 1745. An earthquake destroyed it nearly 100 years later, and it had to be reconstructed yet again. Island legend holds that the figures of St. John the Baptist and St. John the Divine at the south gate were taken from the masts of one of Napoleon's ships.
Donations.
Hours: The cathedral is open to the public for tours by reservation, except during religious services; renovations are ongoing and at times the church may be closed when conditions require.