AAA Editor Notes
Slaughter Ranch Museum (San Bernardino Ranch National Historic Landmark), 16 mi. e. on 15th St. (which turns into Geronimo Tr.), was the home of John Slaughter. The former Texas Ranger and sheriff of Cochise County developed the property he purchased in 1884 into a vast cattle ranch. Now restored, the opulent main house contains many original family photographs and furnishings. Also on the ranch are a car shed, granary, barn, icehouse and washhouse. Near the ranch is a military outpost originally established by Spaniards and later used by the U.S. Army in the early 1900s.
Picnicking is permitted.