AAA Editor Notes
Desert View Watchtower is 25 mi. e. of Grand Canyon Village at Desert View. Built in 1932, the 70-ft. tower built of stone and mortar was inspired by prehistoric towers found in the Four Corners region. From the brink of the canyon wall, the tower commands views of the river, the canyon, the Painted Desert and Kaibab National Forest; telescopes extend the view far into the Navajo Nation Reservation and to the Colorado River.
Also at Desert View are food concessions, an information desk, a seasonal campground and a gas station.
Food is available.