AAA Editor Notes
Chapel of the Holy Cross, .8 mi. s. off SR 179 on Chapel Rd., stands on a small mountain that provides scenic views. The contemporary Catholic shrine is constructed on the area's noted red rock. Built in 1956, the chapel is between two large red sandstone peaks with a ramp leading to the entrance. A 90-foot cross dominates the structure.