AAA Editor Notes
The Clayton House is at 514 N. 6th St. William Henry Harrison Clayton, an attorney under Judge Isaac C. Parker in the Western District of Arkansas, purchased this antebellum house in the 1880s and added onto it. Clayton lived there until 1897. Restored and furnished in period, this example of Italianate architecture contains Clayton belongings, artifacts and other memorabilia.
Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.