Parkin Archeological State Park is n. at jct. US 64 and SR 184 to 60 SR 184N. Archeological excavations conducted in the 1960s and 1990s indicate that this 17-acre farming village was occupied 1200-1600 A.D. during the Mississippi Period. Many scholars believe it was the Casqui Indian village visited by Hernando de Soto in the summer of 1541 and recorded in his journals. A large ceremonial mound has been preserved along the St. Francis River. A 12-minute DVD presentation is offered. A museum contains artifacts collected at the site and from related sites.
Guided and self-guiding tours are available.
Picnicking is permitted.