AAA Editor Notes
St. Anna Church is on Caya F. D. Figueroa in Noord. The first Catholic church on this site was constructed in 1776; the current building dates to 1914. The neo-Gothic altar was intended for a Dutch chapel in Noord-Brabant but shipped to Aruba by accident; the ceiling had to be cut to accommodate the intricate hand-carved piece. Adjoining the church is a cemetery with tomb “houses” painted in pastel colors and adorned with flowers and various mementos. Sunday mass is given at 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. in Papiamento and Latin, with a special English service at 11 a.m.