AAA Editor Notes
St. Peter's Their Majesties Chappell is at 33 York St. Founded in 1612, this is the oldest Protestant church site in continuous use in the New World. The original cedar-frame structure was erected by Bermuda's first governor, Richard Moore. After a hurricane in 1712, parishioners salvaged the altar, pulpit and beams and rebuilt in stone. The silver Communion set displayed in the vestry was a gift from King William III in 1697. Another silver chalice dates from 1625.