Sandon Historical Society Museum is in the former Slocan Mercantile Block in the center of town. Built in 1900, the museum was the only brick edifice ever erected in Sandon. It served as a general store and during World War II housed Japanese-Canadian internees.
The museum contains a large treasure trove of artifacts from the town's mining past, including historical archives, photos, maps and mining equipment. The basement contains grave markers from the local cemetery, moved to protect them from vandals. Videos portray the history of Sandon.