Bernhard Museum Complex is at 291 Auburn-Folsom Rd. at Fairgate Dr. Guided tours by docents in period garb provide visitors a glimpse into the lifestyle of a hardworking 1890s farm family. Their white, two-story home, built in 1851, was originally a hotel.
The complex also includes a reconstructed carriage house containing such vehicles as a buggy and a mud wagon (a lightweight stagecoach with a canvas top and sides).