Blackhawk Museum is at 3700 Blackhawk Plaza Cir., at the intersection of Crow Canyon Rd., Camino Tassajara and Blackhawk Rd. Housed in an impressively designed contemporary building, it exhibits distinctive automobile makes built between 1894 and 1971, along with a gallery of Western ephemera. The automotive gallery displays approximately 50 vehicles dating from the early 1900s, many of which could be considered works of art. Information about each vehicle is provided on stanchions, allowing visitors to tour at their own pace.
The Spirit of the Old West gallery tells the story of the Western frontier from the perspectives of both the Native Americans and the settlers before, during and after the expansion west. The exhibition features artifacts from the period, a large diorama depicting key historic moments, scenes of wildlife from the frontier and other elements that bring the past to life.